Being a Coral Springs Tree Trimming company and providing professional tree trimming Services Coral Springs is our passion! It’s important that you Call Phil Today for the BEST tree trimming in Coral Springs, FL. Tree Trimming is a tree care process that homeowners need to perform regularly. While you can hire a tree service for this, you can also choose to roll your sleeves up and get the task done yourself. Read on to know the basic steps of tree trimming. Getting your trees trimmed is one way of maintaining their good health while improving overall appearance and extending life expectancy. While tree trimming primarily involves removing new growth around the outer portion of the tree’s perimeter for a better aesthetic appeal, you can also do some basic pruning or removing of dead, unsightly, and insect-infested branches. There’s a saying that goes “Trim trees anytime your saw is sharp,” and you can actually choose to do this for just getting a snip here and a snip there. But to make the most of your tree trimming activity, timing is an important factor to consider. For instance, many flowering trees already have their flower buds set way before they bloom. Cutting off these blooms prematurely would therefore result in their inability to bloom the following season.
Once you’ve already established the right season for tree trimming, then it’s time to get hold of that tool and just trim away. Follow these steps on how to trim a tree:
1. Before starting, determine which tool you are most comfortable with. A chainsaw is perhaps the best implement for this but if you’re not experienced in using it, a pruning saw with telescopic handle will do just as well and is safer to use.
2. Look at your tree closely and determine beforehand which branches would need to be removed, both to give it a neater and more attractive shape, while also removing diseased and dead branches which may require a coral springs tree removal service.
3. You might also want to give particular attention to the following branches that you see in your initial inspection: broken limbs, low hanging branches, crisscrossing limbs, those that grow too close to the main trunk, and crowding branches.
4. When doing the trimming or pruning proper, you can avoid having the bark torn by following these steps:
• Do a cut first from the bottom of the branch, about 5 inches away from the trunk and halfway through the branch you are cutting;
• Then make a second cut from the top of the trunk this time and on the outside of the initial cut;
• Lastly, make a third and final cut on the trunk side of the branch, sawing completely from top to bottom.
5. Remember to make the final cuts on the branches just above the collar, and do not use paint to cover the cut. These will help the trunk heal naturally and faster.
If your tree is heavily damaged, or is an overly large tree that would require the use of tall ladders or chain saws, it is best to leave the trimming to a professional tree arborist. If you live in the Coral Springs area and are looking for a Coral Springs tree service contractor, contact philstree.com today!
Mature and growing trees abound in almost every neighborhood across the country. If the proper tree care procedures are not regularly observed by homeowners, trees could cause serious injury to their property and the trees themselves could end up in poor form and health. Most of these trees may need some tree trimming and some may require serious tree pruning. But what really is the difference between these two? Many homeowners, even some tree services contractors just use these two terms interchangeably. Strictly speaking however, tree trimming and tree pruning are actually different, albeit closely related, processes. You may think of Coral Spring tree trimming as tree “grooming” or shaping it according to a design you have in mind. You are more focused on the outer perimeter of the tree, removing most of the new growth of leaves or small branches on the tree’s external portion. Tree pruning on the other hand, is thinning out a tree to remove diseased limbs and dead branches. It usually involves cutting off of selected branches back to the new growth, to the larger branch, or to the main trunk itself. Simply put, tree trimming is more of a procedure done for aesthetic purposes, while tree pruning is done primarily for safety and health purposes. Pruning for safety reasons is when you cut off branches that could fall on a person or on a part of your home or property. Pruning a tree to maintain its health typically includes removing insect-infested or decayed branches and thinning out the crown for better air passage. You can also prune a tree to promote fruit production in fruit-bearing trees, and stimulate blooming in flowering trees. The ultimate decision on whether a tree needs trimming or pruning would be dependent on the type of tree you have and the problems you may have with it. Like we mentioned before Being a Coral Springs Tree Trimming company and providing professional tree trimming Services Coral Springs is our passion so, Call Phil Now!